Individual owners are responsible for replacing their windows.
Since Potowmack Crossing II is in the historic district of Alexandria, owners must receive approval from the Alexandria Board of Architectural Review before replacing windows.
Because the windows should be replaced with windows that look similar, only administrative approval is necessary.
- Determine the make and model of windows you will use to replace your windows. They should look almost identical to the current
- Inform the Potowmack Crossing II board of your plans, including the make and model of the proposed windows. Please include pictures. The Potowmack Crossing II board will send you an email of approval.
- Apply to the Alexandria Board of Architectural Review:
- Fill out the BAR Adminstrative (Staff) Approval form.
- Attach pictures of the current windows and spec sheets of the work that will occur, including pictures of the proposed windows.
- Attach a copy of the letter from Potowmack Crossing II board of directors approving the windows.
- Take the form and a check for the fee (currently $110) to zoning department at City Hall:
Alexandria Department of Planning and Zoning
301 King Street, Room 2100
Alexandria VA 22314
Board Approval Letter
The PC II board has approved fiberglass windows that mimic the look of the original wooden windows, including divided lites and stone-white color. You can include the approval letter in your application to the BAR.
Neither the Potowmack Crossing II board nor EJF Management vouch for the vendors below. However, they have been used before in PCI and PCII.
- Windows Plus
- Window Man